Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Whoa! Long Time No... Blog?

Well lets see... I think it has been almost a year now since I've written anything. I try to every once in a while, but every time I pull up the page my mind draws a blank. So much happens in a year though, I should have something to say right? So, where to begin? I suppose where I left off is as good a place as any. Obviously, January was pretty rough. February was fantastic though. My very first real Valentines Day. Derry took me out to a very fancy dinner and to a movie and then we had awesome dessert from Sweet Life. I can't remember what movie we saw. I'm pretty sure it was lame though, because I can't remember the last time he and I saw a movie that we liked. We're pretty hard to please when it comes to movies, as it turns out. Seriously, did anyone see that Boondock Saints sequel? I was so angry! They completely ruined it.

Honestly I don't remember the exact order or in what months anything else happened so I'll just start from the first thing I remember. I went up to Washington at some point because Derry's sister had a swim meet. It was pretty cool. I got to see a bunch of Olympic records broken. One of Derry's cousins broke some sort of record. I can't remember which one, but it was very exciting at the time. Some time after that I got the pin taken out of my toe. It hurt pretty bad, but not as bad as I thought it would. And I guess it wasn't so much a pin as a screw. It was huge!! And really thick! I don't know how they got it in there in the first place and I try not to think about it because man, it was gross. Derry got it on video. It took me a while to walk like a normal person again. Walking down the stairs was the worst for some reason. But eventually I figured it out again. I went back to work immediately. Oh and I was sort of promoted. I trained a couple of host classes. Ooooh my birthday was nice. Another fancy dinner. We dressed up all cute too. I got a bunch of gift cards for Borders. Then Derry's birthday. That was really awesome! I surprised him with a limo for him and his friends, and me of course. We had so much fun. His mom's birthday was really fun too. She had a huge party at her house. A while after that, I quit working at the Olive Garden. I had a lot of reasons for that, its kind of a long story. Basically I was feeling intensely under appreciated there. Oh! I almost forgot. In August, we went to a Jack's Mannequin concert. It was amazing! I had the best time! Anyway, now I just work at Mekala's. It can be a little bit of a drain sometimes, but the money is good. Derry and I celebrated our one year anniversary a few months ago. That was very exciting. I had no idea it had been so long already. Time flies I guess. Oh and Derry convinced me to start going to the gym. Don't ask me how he did it.

For Thanksgiving, my sister and Tim and the baby came to visit for a few days. I cooked most of the dinner. I hadn't planned on it but it turned out great. Mom and Maylee helped of course. It is always nice to see my sister. We don't talk nearly enough anymore. My fault I'm sure. Gavin is getting so big. And he is just so smart. Christmas was nice too. Although somewhat bittersweet for me because Derry was and still is in Mexico. He won't be back for a couple more weeks. It is really strange to go from seeing someone almost every day to not at all. To go over a month without your better half is not easy. It has been a strange few weeks. My sister and the family came to visit again for Christmas. They have been a nice distraction for me. I tend to start sounding like her after we've been around each other for a while. Tim had to go back home a few days ago but Maylee and Gavin are still here. It is really fun to be around that baby at this age. He is just learning new things everyday. They're going home in a few days though. My mom usually take that the hardest. Her and Gavin just connect to each other so well. After they leave I'm excited to say that I'll be going back to school! Classes start January 4th. I can hardly wait! I've been waiting for this for a very long time. Oh and I bought a purse. I know that doesn't sound very exciting, but it was sort of a big deal at the time. That is really all I can think of right now. I think I hit all the high points. I'm doing great though. Other than missing Derry that is.

No comments: