Thursday, December 18, 2008

Staring At The Ceiling

My last entry was rather boring. I was reading over all of my blogs (on Myspace as well) and it dawned on me that I haven't had an interesting or unique thought to blog about in a very long time. Every once in a while I'll think of something that gets me going but lately all of my thoughts have been so... boring. They generally consist of "What should I have for dinner tonight?" or "I can't remember what time I work tomorrow" or "Which bills are due this week?" or the somewhat frequent "I hate old people". So now I'm finding myself sitting around trying to think up something good to talk about. But I should know better than that shouldn't I? Because the great thoughts come when you least expect them to. While you're driving home from work or sitting in a crowded movie theater. Random. You can't force these things. In that case I guess I should try to forget that I'm trying to come up with something to write about, right? Is that even possible? Because now it's all I can think about. Which means it will never come to me. Because if I purposefully try to distract myself from thinking about this, aren't I thinking about it? I could go around in circles all day long. The point here is that I've run out of things to say. My hands are itching to write something spectacular though. I can feel it. Every single time I pick up a pen it's like torture because I have nothing to write. There are no thoughts overflowing onto the paper, just numbers and names (because I'm usually at work when I'm holding a pen). How sad. Maybe I need something new and exciting to happen in my life. As if my nephew being born isn't enough right? I love that kid, but he doesn't spark any kind of great ideas in my head. Oh well. I guess we'll see what happens. I can feel something about to happen though. The last few months have been so boring and uneventful, almost like we're on the verge of something huge. Just wait. It'll come.

No comments: